The Booster Team/Group is made up of an individual team’s parent representatives and supporters. Working closely with the team coaches, parent representatives in the booster group execute and manage the fund-raising, assemble the athletes to participate, and, most importantly, determine how the money in the booster is spent to benefit the athletes on the individual sports team.
BOOSTER GROUP FINANCES
Each team has a bank balance separate from the primary PAA general fund. These individual team accounts directly support the athletes on that team and parent involvement ensures that these funds get spent in the most efficient and beneficial way possible. It is important to have a solid showing of parents from all teams to be active members. If not, major decisions, both financial and otherwise, are made with limited representation. Team finances and booster fund balances are updated and distributed at the PAA monthly meetings, or available upon request.
BOOSTER GROUP FUNDRAISING
It is sometimes necessary for booster teams to fundraise to supplement and grow the funds in their booster account. The PAA helps manage and oversee individual team sport team fundraising activities. Proceeds from team fundraising are kept separate from PAA General Fund and are held in the individual Sports Team Booster Account. Together with the PAA, the parent representatives, booster group members, and coaches determine student and team needs and decide on how funds are spent.
For any fundraisers involving students of a sports team, the student-athlete, parent representative, captain parent, and/or coach need to get prior approval from the Superintendent before starting any fundraiser.
Please complete the District’s Fundraising Request form and submit the the Superintendent’s office. The PAA is happy to help coordinate the request with the District’s Office. Upon completion of the fundraiser, it is the responsibility of the parent representative to complete a deposit form and make arrangement with the PAA Treasurer to ensure that all proceeds from the fundraiser are recorded and deposited into the booster account within 5 days.
Here is the fundraising request form: PRSD Student and Staff Fundraising Request Form
BOOSTER GROUP TEAM PURCHASES, REIMBURSEMENTS, & DEPOSITS
It is important for booster groups and sport team parent representatives to know what is in their booster account before making a purchase. It is equally important to not over spend what is in the account and leave the balance too low when the season ends.
The PAA is not authorized to reallocate or spend any of the booster funds it is the individual sport teams funds and is the PAA manages the funds in a 501(c) 3 account under a separate line item.
- It is the responsibility of the booster group to discuss/vote on all spending of funds in the booster account. If a favorable vote is reached the sports representative shall contact and completed the appropriate forms in order for the PAA Treasurer to distribute funds.
- If funding is not available in the individual booster account and/or if assistance is needed with funding, then the Sports Representative shall request to be on the agenda at a PAA meeting. At the PAA meeting, the PAA members in attendance will then discuss and vote on the request and release funds from the PAA general account to the individual sport booster account. If additional information is needed, the PAA can decide to vote on gift request at a subsequent meeting.
- If a parent or coach need funds for a team purchase, the PAA can issue a check payable to the vendor or as reimbursement to the PAA rep who made the purchase.
- A Check Request form is available on-line under the Downloads folder. Please submit the form with receipts and the form should be signed by two team parents (from different households) or one parent and the coach. The forms and documentation can be emailed to the PAA or mailed to the PO Box.
- Please note that checks requests take approximately one week to be processed and mailed.
- Deposits are to be collected and tallied by each Booster Group before handing off to the PAA Treasurer.
- Deposits must have detailed cover sheets with contact information, total amounts to be deposited and for which Booster group, and how the deposit is to be categorized (i.e.: Football boosters, profits from blanket fundraiser, or Football boosters, money collected for team shirts.) Please request that all checks be made payable to PAA. In the event a check is returned for insufficient funds, it is the Booster Group responsibility to teach out to the individual and collect payment along with the fees associated with insufficient funds.
Learn about becoming a Team Representative for your Booster Group here.